Family Fun in Stress-free Friendly Downtown Davis
Davis has a wide array of attractions to keep you busy while you’re visiting Yolo County. From bike paths, to twice a week farmers markets, to live theatre and world-class performances to 100 acres of plants & trees at the UC Davis Arboretum, you’re sure to find some wonderful experiences here. The Second Friday ArtAbout held every second Friday of each month is an evening of open galleries and artists’ receptions at art locales throughout Downtown Davis.
• Visit the Mondavi Performing Arts Center for great live theater, musical performances and more!
• The University of California at Davis has many fun and free things to do including:
- The Bohart Museum of Entomology: The 7th largest bug collection in North America. 530.752.0493
- California Raptor Center: Is an educational and research facility dedicated to the rehabilitation of injured and orphaned birds of prey.
- UC Davis Arboretum: A living museum of over 22,000 types of trees and plants. 530.752.4880.
- Segundo Dining Area: Pay $9 to enter the dining area and it’s all you can eat from all types of food stations. 530.752.0135
• Check out the Farmers Market held twice a week on Saturday and Wednesday. During the summer the Wednesday market is turned into Picnic in the Park which has international food booths, a rock climbing wall, kid’s activities and live music.
• Visit Explorit Science Center, a hands-on science museum for kids. They feature special exhibits and encourage kids to learn with their hands. 530.756.0191.
• Check out the local galleries located in the downtown area: Natsoulas Gallery, Pence Gallery and The Artery to name a few. Or the Second Friday ArtAbout is held every second Friday of the month and is an evening of open galleries and artists’ receptions at art locales throughout Downtown Davis.
• Ride your bike around Davis, the friendliest bike city in the U.S.! Davis was recognized as the first Platinum Level Bicycle Friendly Community by the League of American Bicyclists for having over 100 miles of streets, bike paths and trails for cyclists. Davis is also home to the U.S. Bicycling Hall of Fame.
*For a map and more info contact the YoloCVB at email@example.com