Explore Davis by Bike
Discover Davis, California, a historical and charmingly traditional college town nestled in the heart of the Central Valley! This famous agricultural town boasts an impressive array of fine art galleries and museums. Shop, explore, and learn all while experiencing this famous biking town’s noteworthy art exhibitions!
• Check into the Hallmark Inn to start your vacation adventure! Make sure to reserve your complimentary bicycles for your two day stay! This great service allows guests to experience this wonderful biking community the way the locals do!
• Hop on your bike and make your way to Pluto’s for a lunch that promises to be “out-of-this-world!” Offering great quality, American-style fresh food with unbeatable service, Pluto’s lets guests oversee their food’s preparation and dine at their own pace!
• After a tasty lunch, head over to John Natsoulas Gallery, where art dealer John Natsoulas has created his gallery with the notion that fine art should be accessible in a friendly environment. The gallery offers educational and private tours of the main gallery, the Little Log Cabin Annex Gallery, and their Artist’s Studio Complex.
• Next, pedal on down to the Pence Gallery, a not-for-profit art gallery that has been in the community for over thirty years! Fine are exhibitions, art lectures, and tours are featured throughout the year in this one of kind gallery.
• After, head to the Artery, an artist owned and operated “gallery of fine arts and contemporary crafts!” This one of a kind gallery provides public access to its artist’s original paintings, textile arts, jewelry, blown and fused glass, metal and stone sculptures, woodwork, photography, mono types, and ceramics.
• Finish a great day off with a great meal from Seasons! This unique restaurant uses fresh, local ingredients for their menu which changes every three months! Their philosophy to “cook good food simply, using the best ingredients possible” makes your dining experience truly amazing!
• Start your morning with the delicious complimentary breakfast buffet that the Hallmark Inn has to offer! Enjoy the fresh fruit, coffee, and the usual assortment of other great breakfast foods being offered!
• Once again, grab your conveniently reserved bike and head toward the UC Davis campus to experience fine art at the university starting with the Richard L. Nelson Gallery! This unique gallery was first established as an exhibition venue and a teaching resource and has grown into a collection containing over 4,000 words from diverse time periods and cultures.
• Next, set off for the Carl Gorman Gallery. This gallery is dedicated to the artwork of Native Americans and other indigenous peoples! For many years, this exciting museum has been filled with the creative expressions of Native American artists and other artists of diverse cultures and histories.
• Then, discover the Design Museum in Walker Hall known for its changing exhibitions of national as well as international design-related material such as architecture, costume, graphic design, textiles, new media, and popular culture. The current collection has over 5,000 items ranging from the 16th Century on to the present!
• Take a break for lunch at the unique London Fish ‘n Chips. This distinctive restaurant features great food and large portions at reasonable prices! Besides seafood dishes, this eatery serves mouth-watering sandwiches, chicken strips, and tacos!
• After an amazing lunch, head over to the T.S. Post Gallery and check out their beautiful studio pottery creations! A recent addition to the gallery is their one of a kind ceramic wall panels! Besides ceramics, other types of art such as photography, painting, and printmaking can be seen in this quaint, diverse gallery.
• Later, finish your trip on a good note by dining at Tucos Wine Market and Café. This restaurant hand picks its food and wine from some of the finest producers in the world! Tucos boasts “real food without too much fuss or pretense, but with lots of pride and creativity!”